Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Cutest Couple


Well I have found that my favorite part of the day is the mornings. While I have been in Paihia (Bay of the Islands) I have been getting up for a morning run. After my run I have been walking along the water to cool down. While doing this I met the cutest couple fishing. We began to talk and for the last three days I have stopped to talk to them for quite a while. They are in their 80's and have been married 53 years!!! At the end of every conversation the cute man makes sure to tell me to be careful traveling alone and not to fall for any kiwi men. I wondered why he kept telling me this and this morning I found out. He told me that one of his daughters went to travel in Scotland when she was 21 and never came home because she fell for a Scotish man(she is now 45)! I told him not to worry and assured him that my favorite people to talk to have been people their age. They have so much life to share.
Anyhow I keep thinking of the most clever interesting things to write on my blog when I am lying in bed on walking along the beach but when I try to sit down and remember those thoughts they are long gone. SO I am sorry my blog has merely been an account of my activities but it will have to do for now:)
Much Love,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Great sunrise photo, Hannah. Dad & I are proud of your ability to capture God's beautiful morning greeting.

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete