Monday, June 15, 2009

First full day in Auckland


I am staying with the Scott family while I am in Auckland and they have been pretty dang great. When I arrived this sign was on my door! So an update on my last entry. I did end up taking a sleeping pill when i woke up at 3 in the morning (which is like 10am in AR) . So all in all I ending up getting over 14hours of sleep last night!
Well I bought a bus pass that covers all of the north and south island called the Kiwi Express. It's kinda like an adventure experience bus. Each stop they have a cool activity available like sea kayaking or bungee jumping etc... and if I like the town we stop in I can just stay there for however long(1 week a month etc) and get back on the next bus when I am ready. The other stipulation is that I can only going in one direction. Anyway I am planning on staying in Auckland about a week or so and then starting my journey on the bus from here.
Other than that I have just been resting today and I look a long walk down to the Auckland harbor where there are thousands of yachts (cause its huge here) and had a flat white (kinda like latte in the states) by the water. Much love, Hannah

1 comment:

  1. What a welcome the Scotts gave you! We seem to have trouble connecting by phone. I didn't make it to my phone when you called last night 'cause I was washing downstairs and had left my phone upstairs. Just now I think you tried to call again - I was using the little rug cleaner and didn't pick up in time - my, this is frustrating! Try again! I love you forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete