Sunday, June 14, 2009

Quantas is my new favorite airline!

So I am here and the flight wasn't too bad at all! In fact the plan was quite impressive. We each had our own TV and choices of movies, cds to listen to, tv shows or documentaries to watch. SO naturally I watch the Escape to Alcatraz triathlon, Hotel for Dogs, listened to Kings of Leon, and sleep about five hours. I was in seat k if that gives you an idea on how dang huge the plan was. They gave us dinner and breakfast along with a snack, blanket, eye cover, socks, and earphones. You could even look at the screen and see where we were over the Atlantic and how much longer we had on the flight. Needless to say Quantas airlines is my new faviote way to fly!
I sat next to a super nice girl that lives in Auckland and she was embarrassed cause she has lived here 8 years and hasn't explored the country yet.
Anyway, customs took like 30 secs to go through and the bus was right outside. So now I am at the bunac headquarters on the 10floor of a high rise in downtown Auckland over looking the ocean and waiting for the uber long orientation to start. Already met a nice dude that helped me with the computer from Colorado... its going smooth so far. This is funny I am sitting here because yesterday it just seemed so surreal that I was even doing this and hard to image I would soon be in a new country. God is good.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right. God is good!
    Love you forever,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry...That was me who posted above. I was logged into my sister's account by accident.

    What I was trying to post was....yay! You made it. I can't wait to read more about your exciting trip :)

    ReplyDelete