Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I wish I was Sailing

Traveling is weird. I can't explain it. Sometimes I forgot that I am walking around in a foreign country and then it hits me and I wonder what the heck I am doing. Whatever I am doing, I am here. Anyway, I have a favorite little cafe on the water called Billfish. It's nice to go there in the morning and listen to the sailors talk about their boats and just zone out. I have also seen some sailors look at me when I talk (I guess they are surprised or caught off guard by voice). There are also sooo many cafes here and I have to say the coffee is better than in the US.
I love to look at the Auckland harbor and admire all the sailing boats/ yachts. It seems that sailing and rugby are the two huge sports here. The rugby stars seems to be praised like we praise our NFL players. The All Blacks is the big NZ rugby team and kinda ironic to them is their soccer team called the All Whites.
This last picture is of this bird that captured my full attention for at least 10mins (which can be a hard thing to do). It looks like a regular little duck but then it surprises you and out of no where drives down under the water and comes back up in a couple of minutes with a little fish! Anyway that was my morning entertainment.
Love Hannah
PS My email is hannahbku@hotmail.com Would love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Watch out - Bird watching can be contagious - mother to daughter. Good to hear your voice and the excitement in it. Love how you capture the little 'life' moments - bird and people - in this blog.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete