Friday, June 12, 2009

Anticipating a Crazy Trip

As I was trying to go to sleep last night I was wondering why I wasn't just super stoked to go on this trip. I mean I have been wanting to do this since my first year in college, possibly before that! And now it is finally happening and I keep asking myself "what the heck am I doing?" I came to the conclusion that I am tentative to go because I am going alone. I think I would be way more excited if a friend were going too. I honestly don't mind doing things by myself it just usually better with someone. I do think however that I am going to learn sooo much about myself by doing this alone and hopefully grow and come to know what direction I want my life to be heading towards when I return (which I am also unsure of). But if you could pray for loneliness that would be much appreciated.
The plan ride to Auckland is hard core to say that least. I fly to Chicago then LA (with a 3.5 hr layover for customs) then a 12hr flight to Auckland. I leave Little Rock at 12:45pm on June 13th and I arrive in Auckland at 7:30am June 15th.
The upside to this is the family I am staying with when I get there. They have been super nice and I have heard good things from Jeremy who is pretty dang reliable. That's all for now and I will let you know how the hard core trip goes in a couple of days!

2 comments:

  1. going alone has its ups and downs.

    Its great being able to do what you want to do without having to consider anyone but yourself.

    Its great when you want to make a decision about anything---food, where to stay, what to do, how to translate your experiences in general, and you have only your thoughts to turn to. You have no filter to bounce things off of. no one to impress, no one to tell you if its right or wrong.

    You have only your own conscience, heart and soul to consult. You really discover you are without a social context. There is no pretense.

    the only downside that turned up quite often is being able to verablly share the beauty i was experiencing. And i missed having something familiar with me. I got tired of being on the go and just an aquaintence. I missed my family and friends because they are comfortable and being on my own isnt comfortable, although, it IS EXHILERATING.

    You are going to do great.

    ReplyDelete