Monday, August 3, 2009

Quick Trip

Wow my mom and I have done one wild wind tour of the South Island and sadly she is returning home now. To give a short account of our travels we started in Christchurch then Mt Cook, Qweenstown, Frans Joseph Glacier, Fox Glacier, Greymouth and finally took the Trans Alpine Train back to Christchurch.

We saw where several scenes of Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, and Wolverine where filmed. Drove through a river in a Land Rover and the water got up to the windshield! Oh geese best part of the day. Yes and alot more but we also spent plenty of time on a bus so needless to say I am reading like a mad women.
Its hard to capture this kind of beauty in a picture but I hope this helps some! This last picture is of the Remarkables. The are the main mountains used for Lord of the Rings. Breathtaking! But sadly a day after we left Qweenstown an avalanche buried one snowboarder on a close by mountain.
I am sad to see my mom go but many sweet memories were made and it reminded me how blessed I am to call her my mom. She is amazing.
Bedtime is here so all for now.
Much Love,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Aww... sorry your mom is leaving. The pictures are gorgeous!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete