Friday, August 7, 2009


It has been 4 days since I started my trip with Kiwi Experience. Kiwi Experience is an adventure bus that takes you around New Zealand and shows you the entire country along with all the adventurous opportunity you can think of.
So in 4 days I have dug up natural hot pools (to the right), been to a cultural night of the Maori (left), been Black Water Rafting, and skydiving.... and those are just the ones on the top on my head. Tomorrow I am going on a 18km walk over a volcano. We also stop for various walks and breaks from driving as we are on the road almost everyday... We are now in Lake Taupo for two days.

Black Water Rafting has been the most challenging activity yet. We were underground in a cave for 5 hours. We repelled down into the cave, zip lined across it in the dark, jumped off the edge into the water with a intertube, swam in the dark looking at the glow worms on the top of the caves, walked (and fell) through the rushing waters, and finished by climbing up two waterfalls... one of which I lost my footing on half way up and fell backwards (thankfully my helmet caught most of the fall and was left with a few minor cuts... and I thought I was an athlete :))

Much love and blessings,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Oh hannah! Lake taupo was one of my favorite places! It sounds like you are moving speedily. wow
    i think about you often. hope that you are more settled and well now
    kim

    ReplyDelete